Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Salon



This has been a wonderful week for the mailbox. It brought soon to be released The Foreigners, by Maxine Swann, The Winters in Bloom by Lisa Tucker and My Life After Life by Galen Stoller. They have entered the TBR pile and I have actually started The Winters in Bloom. As usual I am listening to a Librivox recording as well, as I go about my daily chores as a way to stay sane. Truly, I don't know what I would do without audio books in some form! Since Librivox is a storehouse of classics, I have taken to rewarding myself with an instant Nextflix movie of the book after I have finished listening to it. Sometimes there are multiple versions that have been made on a given book over time.

I just finished Room with a View and so I tuned into the wonderful movie with Helena Bonham Carter as Lucy Honeychurch. Truly a beautiful performance not only by her but by all the actors. Truly a stellar cast. I was trying to figure out how I had passed up on this movie when it was first released. Don't know..... but as I was perusing the instant Netflix list, I realized I could listen to several more books that have been made into movies in the classic catagory. Now I will probably have a backlog of movies to watch as well. Oh, well, if this is the only dilemma I have, I have nothing to complain about.

Did anyone else sign up for the 2011 Reading Challenge, and if so, how are you doing at this point in the year? I am 28% of my goal but I am still holding out hope that once the girls go back to school, I will somehow have more time to read. At least, I can dream that I will. At one point, I considered changing the goal but I have decided to leave it and maybe I will adjust next year's goal.

Hope everyone is able to get some reading in today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment